Since I pared down my wardrobe I have only had one pair of jeans to wear. I am beginning to re-think how I went about removing items from my wardrobe, mainly because I wear my jeans and tees so often and so hard. I definitely need more of these than I previously thought. A month ago my favorite (read: only) pair of jeans tore at one of the knees. I planned to patch them, but in the meantime I bought another pair of jeans (which are passable but nowhere near as good as the torn ones). This morning I woke up and went to put on my jeans only to discover they were dirty. It was totally a jeans kind of day, so I immediately set about planning my patch. I’d seen Monster Knee Patch tutorials before (most notably when my gorgeous friend patched her farmer husband’s work pants in this way… He wasn’t happy but I thought it was great) and was eyeing them for my repair. I perused a few this morning and then set to. I used left over placemat material from the tool belt I made, plus a bit of t-shirt left over from a baby sleeping bag I made years ago and some vintage buttons. It took about 45 minutes including toddler wrangling, bobbin winding and machine unsnarling. You know that’s pretty good for me. You could probably make this in about 10 minutes. Here is my take on the monster patch (previously thought to be appropriate only for kids).