As promised on our FB page here is our long overdue update to the original Clutter Collage (one and two). On first glance we haven’t learnt a lot since the last update, but the more I consider these photos the more I realise we probably have learnt.
- Any spaces that are higher than Little Fearse’s reach will become cluttered. We just need to focus on decluttering them more regularly. That’s why these spaces have reverted back so easily.
- Although the spare bedroom is a good place to hide stuff when people visit, keeping the bed made and ready to go makes it a lot easier to clear this when people come to stay over.
- Little Fearse’s bedroom is looking a lot better. I’ve tried hard to stick to my promises there.
- The top of the piano is where we keep things we need to return to people or that we’re passing on to people. We have become used to checking it before we go to visit anyone. I have come to the conclusion that if we can find a spot for a small cupboard to house these things (and get used to looking there instead) it will solve this clutter space issue and hide all that stuff away.
- I’m a little concerned about the stuff I’ve put aside to sell on eBay. You can see it creeping into the fourth photo down on the left. The pile just grows and grows and I never quite find the time (read: motivation) to list it. Perhaps I just need to let this stuff go.
- The sewing area is looking much better because I’ve been using it for its purpose! It is also for this reason that the bench seat is looking better – I’ve been doing the mending. Some of the things that I mended this week can be seen on the bench seat in the first entry from February. I clearly need to do my mending more often.
- In the third photo down on the right you will notice the table that was previously there has now been removed. I initially took it out because Little Fearse started climbing it, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised to find that this space is no longer a clutter magnet. Sometimes just removing the furniture helps!
- Little Fearse’s play area (last image on the left) is so much better since we put away 90% of her toys. She also has more focused play times and we have less mess to clean up at the end of the day. I think it’s been a win-win situation for all of us – we all enjoy that space more.
We’ve still got a long way to go, but I feel like we’re closer. Will we be there by the end of our BNN year? Who knows?