I didn’t know I was going to do this today until I started doing it. I forced myself to take these photos without moving anything. This gives me a sort of map of the problem areas. You’ll notice some areas are much, much better. Some are just a little better and some are worse.
I don’t want to pretend that I can combat this problem easily and then make an instant and permanent change. It’s a process. Here is the beginning of ours.
A few strategies that have worked for me:
- Cleaning out cupboards so they are conducive to storage.
- Putting away half of Little Fearse’s toys to rotate in a month.
- Clearing off tables near doors regularly.
- Getting rid of stuff (of course the 2-4-1 challenge has helped).
- Using the spaces for their purpose, rather than just for piling stuff up.
- (In some cases) closing doors to help myself focus on one area at a time.
Here is the old one for comparison.